If getting in a great shape and taking better care of your health were among your New Year’s goals, then you should seriously consider jumping on the Mason Jar salad bandwagon. One of the greatest weight-loss obstacles is eating out. When you’re at home you have complete control over the ingredients, but when eating out it is very easy to overdo on the calories, and this is especially true for any prepackaged lunch foods. So, with just a bit of organization, you can have lunch ready to go in the fridge for the next 5 days in just 10 minutes! And we’re not talking bland and boring lettuce and tomato type-of-salad-lunch. This is a straight up gourmet salad packed full with crunchy, creamy, spicy, and tangy deliciousness.
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Raw Honey
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 2 ½ cups carrots, diced
- 2 ½ cups butter leaf lettuce, thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 ½ cups baby Bok Choy
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 ½ cups baby arugula
- 1 cup pickled red cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic, olive oil, Dijon, and raw honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide the dressing between 5 mason jars.
- Fill up each jar with equal amounts of sunflower seeds, carrots, lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, arugula, and red cabbage in each jar. Lightly season with salt and pepper every few layers.
- Seal on the lids and place the jars in the fridge. When ready to eat, shake the jars until everything is mixed together and covered with the dressing. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving)